Monday 29 September 2008

Today I'm feeling great I have managed to beat my target of 5lbs and have lost a fantastic 7lbs, half a stone, in a week. Bravo. My current weight is now 402lbs (28st 10lbs) and my BMI is down to 47.5. Lets be real here there is still along way to go but a great start and there seems to be a psychological boost when I moved into the 28st bracket. 

I've had good and bad days this week, I started well with 4 days on the cambridge diet, then I had to get a 5 am train to London and to be honest the thought of a shake or soup at that time of the morning was not working so I didn't and with the hectic day in London planned this also meant that I would not have an opportunity to stick the kettle on. Therefore I had lunch on the fly form a deli and a dinner. Saturday was also a day of normal food with a picnic in the lake district, its not often that there's a weekend of good weather so a day out with the family was great. Also, I found when busy in London or out exploring somewhere new that appetite and food does not dominate my thinking and therefore its easy to stick to healthy food. Sunday was a great opportunity to lapse into bad habits, however I stayed strong and did well. 

I have also ensured that everyday I walk the dog for a couple of miles, ensuring I get some exercise. 

All in all its been a good week, the motivation is still high and I'm energised by the fact I lost 7lbs. 

Unfortunately clothes are still tight and I look forward to when they stick to me less and I look better in them.

My target for this week is 5lbs again, however a conference at the weekend will prove a big challenge.

Joe


No comments: