Friday 10 October 2008

News Flash update!!!

This week has proved a real struggle and to stay motivated I had to go and have an interim weigh in. The struggle really took place Wednesday night where I really want a takeaway. My wife was strong and after initially agreeing to the takeaway said no. Following this I went into a sulk......(what a baby!). This made me realise a couple of things, first I'm quite sneaky as I suggest a takeaway knowing my wife has yet to eat and the chances of her agreeing are high. Second when I'm denied I sulk, so its a form of game where my wife is the nasty persecutor for not letting me have what i want and i'm the helpless victim, in this game i can then blame my wife for being mean and get lots of negative attention and recognition. 

That event was the big event this week, so I came through it and felt good the next day, if I had had the takeaway then I usually feel full and bad afterwards as I know it doesn't help with me losing weight. But with my wife staying strong I made it through the night.......hoorahh. 

So I had an interim weigh in as things are a bit tough this week and well, what a shocker, I have lost an AMAZING 12LBs, since Monday, what a great result. My weight today is 390lbs (27st 12lbs) and my BMI is now below 47. This weigh in has given me great motivation to spur on when I was ready to scoff on some junk food. 

I'm also aware that this is a lot of weight to lose in a short period of time and I believe this is the result of better diet but more importantly me being much more active, I have walked the dog daily at a sharp pace and been the gym, so these are new factors and I believe they are having an impact. 

So here I am, below the 400lb mark and now my motivation fuel tank is topped up after a positive weigh in. 

Thanks 

Joe   

No comments: